- 1992 - Bachelor of Architecture, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, California
- 1988-1989 - Fourth Year Abroad, Studies in Architecture, American University in Florence, Italy
Registration and Certifications
- 1997 -California Licensed Architect No. C-26986
- 1998 - National Council of Architectural Registration Boards, Certificate No. 50226
- 2003 - Nevada Licensed Architect No. 5082
- 2008 - Arizona Licensed Architect No. 48815
- 1980 - Licensed Ceramic Tile Contractor (C-54) California - No. 390025
- 1998 - Certified Ceramic Tile Consultant (CTC)
- Member, American Institute of Architects
- Member, Ceramic Tile Institute of America
1994-Current KPA Associates, Inc., San Diego, California
Bruno F. Marsella is vice president of graphics and technology and a member of the board of directors at KPA Associates, Inc., a forensic architecture and design firm. He has been retained as an expert witness on behalf of sub-contractors on several cases. His responsibilities as a principal architect include:
- Deposition testimony.
- Participating in mediations, settlement conferences and presentations.
- Inspecting and documenting existing building and site conditions.
- Directing and observing destructive testing investigations.
- Researching/interpreting building codes.
- Analyzing construction documents in all construction phases.
- Analyzing construction methods and materials.
- Analyzing and determining the extent of construction defects.
- Developing repair methods and material research.
- Preparing reports of findings, developing repair recommendations and repair details.
- Preparing reports on allocations of responsibility. Assisting in the preparation of estimates of repair costs.
Mr. Marsella has testified in construction defect cases involving residential buildings as well as commercial construction.
- 1994 - Current KPA Associates, Inc., San Diego, California
- 1994 Ramberg & Associates, Oceanside, California
- 1993 AI Associates Architects, Solana Beach, California
- 1993 E.A.D. Structural Engineers, Solana Beach, California
- 1989 HMC Group Architects, Ontario, California
Mr. Marsella possesses significant experience in residential and commercial design. In addition to being architect of record on a number of projects at KPA Associates, Inc., he has been involved in design projects ranging from single family residences to major hospitals at several architectural and engineering firms.
Ceramic Tile Expertise
1980-1993 Owner, A&B Tile Company, Hawthorne, California
Prior to his architectural career, Mr. Marsella was a ceramic tile contractor for 13 years. As owner of A&B Tile Company, he was responsible for well over one thousand ceramic tile installations in Southern California. He has installed tile in residences, restaurants, hotels, offices, and schools.